Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Writing Station Makeover

This summer I planned and pinned so many ideas for my classroom, it was hard to decide where to start.  I really wanted to focus on my writing station.  I wanted all of the materials to be accessible to the kiddos and easy to maintain.
Here is my Before and the After!

I added a shelf to hold supplies - pens, colored pencils, highlighters, and paper.  Then I added the Writing Folders that I received from Donors Choose last year.  Underneath the cart I placed clipboards, dictionaries and another paper tray.  I added the bulletin board paper to the wall and plan on placing writing options.  The black crate on the floor is for lunch boxes.  I like how it turned out!
I am still trying to decide which Writing Unit to buy on TpT.  I would love any recommendations!
The writing center will continue to be a work in progress!!

I have a set of writing rubrics that I made to go under the white board, to the right.  I thinks they will really work great since they will be sitting right there at the writing center.

Check out this freebie for your bulletin board!


No comments:

Post a Comment