Stone Soup is a classic folktale that is listed on the 2nd grade Common Core Reading List. I thought about using it this month before we start text features.
I aligned this unit is to 2nd grade Common Core standards, but it can really be used in many grades. It is also compatible with many different versions of the book!
Here is the book I use in the classroom:
All of these activities have been used in my classroom.
This unit includes:
• Compare and Contrast – Venn
• Character Traits
• Vocabulary - ABC order pages
• Grammar Practice
• Cause and Effect
• Story Map – B,M,E
• Main Idea and Details
• Story Map including Main Idea and Details
• Text to Self
• Create your own Stone Soup Recipe
• Creative Writing - Create your own Soup