Tuesday, July 22, 2014

OrGaNizE mY ClaSsRoOm!!

After many days on the internet, pinning pictures and reading blogs, I am excited about organizing my classroom!  I have read so many great things and pinned 10K more!  Now it is time to quit pinning and get busy!  Our first day back is next Tuesday and I am going to be ready!

Here are some before pics!
This is where I want the Writing Station to be.  Something to be said for a BLANK SLATE!  
I have looked at several writing units on TpT but have not decided on one yet.  I have a 30 minutes ELA/Writing block this year.  This was my goal for the summer - redo my writing plans for the year!


This is my back wall where we do What's My Place? What's My Value? and DOTS!  They sit on the carpet in three rows.  The two containers to the left hold math manipulatives.  I want to go up high and add bulletin boards to the top for a math wall.  I also plan on putting the clothes pins back up to hold anchor charts.

This is a new area by the computers.  I want to make this my small group reading center station.  I want a place for their group reading books, SRA books, and Word Work items like scrabble tiles, stamps, and white boards.  The best part is going to be the decorative border I want to put on the while shelves.

Looks like I might invest in a CORDLESS hot glue gun!  I really want to keep it simple and clean!  I cleaned up the room and threw out a ton of junk at the end of last year!!  Hope fully I can purge a few more bags full!
Overlook the clutter on the desk and look at the blank wall!  I want to divide it into three bulletin boards.  I want to put Reading on the far left and make it the biggest board.  On either side of the air vent I want to put a Science and Social Studies board.  I want to put up blue paper and use my same border to frame them out.  I think this will help get rid of the glow-worm Green I had going on last year.  Another project I want to complete is adding scrapbook paper to my white container boxes at the end of the computers.  I think that will finish it off.  I love those containers.  I have one for every month.  I keep seasonal books, classroom decorations and anything else for that month in there.  They work great!
Here are a few of my inspiration pins.  I will post next week to show the finished product!




No comments:

Post a Comment