Saturday, July 2, 2011

Folklore Unit is Complete

We have had a wonderfully productive summer!  I cannot wait to get  back into the classroom and start setting everything back up!  I was given a new title, "OCD teacher."  I am starting to think it is not such a small club with all of the blogs I have read this summer! 
Here are a few freebies that I have made over the past week!  Enjoy!
This graphic organizer covers the first six skills we teach in reading - predictions, author's purpose, characters, setting, retelling and nouns.
For Realistic Fiction we  have planned a week of Mr. Putter.  They are going to love this character.  After we read several books we are going to introduce poetry with an acrostic of his name.  I am so excited about this school year!  I took my girls to the dollar store with me and one of them said, "I feel sorry for your kids last year.  They did not have any fun."  Bless them...

No comments:

Post a Comment