Sunday, March 2, 2014

We are Celebrating Read Across America Day - Monday, March 3

We are kicking off this week with Read Across America Day, A.K.A. Dr. Seuss Day, on Monday!  We will make the precious craft about Thing 1 and Thing 2.  We will read a lot of Dr. Seuss books and possible watch a video or two!  I have several reading skills planned for each book, so it should be a full day!

This week we will kick off Afternoon on the Amazon.  I love this Magic Tree House book.  I love teaching about the Amazon Rain Forest.  The children really get into it.  I added a research project to the plans this
year and I hope they really do well at it.  We have researched dinosaurs, spiders, bats and presidents, so research should not be new to them.

Check out my Afternoon on the Amazon unit at Teachers Pay Teachers.
Afternoon on the Amazon
We will also begin working with time this week in math.  I have a student teacher this semester and she loves math, so this may be hers this week.  She is preparing for her two weeks of teaching the weeks right before Spring Break!


In Social Studies, we are starting our Economics unit.  It is hard teaching them about allocation and opportunity cost, so I made a unit a few weeks ago when we were visiting in the mountains.  I really hope they enjoy it!  I hope it will be easier to teach this year.
Here is my Economics Unit.


This is another FIVE-DAY-Work week......  I hope I can make it!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment