Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dinosaurs in January

I am getting so excited about the upcoming unit!  There is so much information for the month!
I found an interactive website that I want to put onto the student computers in my room.
There are several activities I will require (Dinosaur Write, Research Starters and Quiz), but the rest of the site will be available to play on!  I really think they are going to enjoy this month!  Research and report writing are two standards that will be covered.  Unfortunately we do not have dinosaurs in a standard, but my low-babies really get into the chapter book - Dinosaurs Before Dark.  For many of them, this is their first chapter book.  I feel it encourages them to break out of the picture books and try the next level.  Last year they were so eager to read more after we started the Magic Tree House series. Here is another activity to play from Scholastic.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for following my blog and entering in my giveaway! I have returned the favor and I am now following your blog! I hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete